About the Project
It's widely acknowledged that it's tough for young people to enter the music industry, and many young people face additional barriers due to their gender, race and background. Diversify, Learn, Create is a new initiative from Small Pond to provide young artists aged 16-25 the skills and knowledge to start a career in the music industry. We aim to provide you with a sustainable pathway into a career in the arts through tailored mentoring, workshops, rehearsal space, a free demo recording & industry networking.
Who Can Apply?
Bands and artists aged 16-25 in Brighton & Hove, Crawley, Portsmouth, and the surrounding areas can apply now.
Just fill in our short application form below.
ALL PARTICPANTS will access rehearsal facilities & guidance over a 10-month period, with the chance to develop their musicianship in a professional rehearsal & recording studio environment. Our Advisory Board will review all participants & select those showing the greatest potential to progress to Phases 2 & 3.
40 PARTICIPANTS will attend 10 monthly workshops, facilitated by highly experienced industry professionals, designed to give a comprehensive package of skills & knowledge. You'll be taken through real-world examples & will learn to replicate these processes, building skills, knowledge & contacts which will improve your chances of succeeding in the music industry.
10 BANDS / ARTISTS WILL RECEIVE
- 4 x 45 minute individual mentoring sessions with music professionals to help develop your skills & confidence & provide career guidance to help achieve your aspirations.
- 2 x 1-hour pre-production sessions in our professional studios.
- Access to individual & group rehearsal space to prepare for recording.
- 6 days in the Small Pond studio to record, mix & master a demo track.
- Demo reviewed by an independent industry professional panel with in-person & written feedback.
- Networking with industry professionals in the studio, gaining real-world knowledge & experience & opportunities to ask questions.